Thursday, February 19, 2009


As the tears stream down my face


My heart tears in two





It struck me just now, in the middle of trying to compose this poem, that one doesn't truly comprehend how many times in ones life the heart can be shattered.


Some times it hurts so bad that one feels physical pain. This strikes me as odd.


Today was a good day. The kids and I had a great dinner and time together, but late at night when all is still, I miss my husband. We are apart for the moment, and because I am missing him I think it amplifies my quandary.


I like that word. I love the sound of it.



  • Quandary: A state of perplexity or uncertainty, esp. as to what to do; dilemma.

  • Quandary: A state of difficulty or perplexity; doubt; uncertainty.

  • Quandary: a situation from which extrication is difficult especially an unpleasant or trying one; "finds himself in a most awkward predicament

  • Quandary: state of uncertainty or perplexity especially as requiring a choice between equally unfavorable options [syn: dilemma]


Naturally I don't particularly enjoy it's meaning.

I am able to find some solace in the warmth of the purring cat that sits upon my feet.

I often wonder what a cat thinks? What would it be like to be a cat? I do love my cats, I have two. To run about at night, nap when ever they feel like it, to be pampered and loved unconditionally, and to be served their food upon demand. Of course vet visits, car rides, and dogs are most likely their biggest quandaries.
I guess that just goes to show that all of God's creatures have quandaries from time to time.

1 comment:

Intustock said...

Hi Jen, I loved your blog too. I hope find all the good you ever want.

Regards
me

http://100tovisit.blogspot.com

Will soon be updating my Iran and Mauritius visit. Thanks for your encouraging comment.